Advanced Open Water Course
If you are thinking about having more diving adventures or improving your skills as a diver, you should consider this course.
It’s designed as the next level in the Open Water Diver series and invites you to learn new skills in open waters, gaining confidence and new skills under the instruction of a PADI professional.
This course lasts 2-3 days. Let us know your travel dates so we can arrange your accommodations for you if you don’t already have them.
With the Advanced Open Water certification, you’ll have new experiences and unparalleled memories underwater.
What you’ll get in this course:
5 Adventures Dives as an introduction to their corresponding specialties
Two of those adventures are required to earn the certification:
- Underwater Navigation
- Deep Dive
You can choose your other 3 adventures from the following options:
- Night Dive: Have a unique experience diving in the dark with a flashlight, watching the corals activate, and seeing the marine life sleeping or hunting. Highly recommended
- Wreck Dives: In Roatan, we have shipwrecks that we can visit during your course. Both are great for improving your skills and touring these beautiful ships. El Aguila and the Odyssey
- Fish Identification: We are nature lovers, and we love to learn more about our ecosystem every day. On this dive, we tour beautiful sites and learn how to identify the species at each site.
- Drift Dive: This adventure will make you feel like you’re flying, barely moving your fins. Just let the currents take you to the warm waters that run through the reef walls.
- Shark Dive: The shark dive in Roatan is incredible. It allows you a safe way to visit a special site and experience these enormous animals in their natural habitat. *You can only do this dive once you’re certified and it has an additional cost..
- Underwater Photographer: Photography is our thing! Our underwater photography specialty allows us to deliver unique diving adventures in practice and on excursions.
- Peak Performance Buoyancy: We approach this activity from theory and practice with specific tools to improve your buoyancy based on experience.
- Nitrox Dive: This adventure gives you the opportunity to experience longer bottom times, which is especially important in deep dives.
5 Methods of Learning
To start the course, we will give you the Advanced Open Water Diver manual and schedule you for the activities you select. Before every adventure dive, you will complete a knowledge review and have a detailed presentation of the skills you’ll complete underwater.
Complete the theory online with eLearning: You can get ahead on your coursework and complete your final exam by choosing the eLearning options. Visit the PADI eLearning site and buy your online course today! You will be charged once you sign up and we can offer you a discount on our course fees.
Don’t forget to choose Moana Divers #27186 to complete the practical portion of your course in Roatan.
5 Adventures in open waters
For each adventure you complete, we will take you to different dive sites here in Roatan, depending on the weather and the activity that you’re going to do. Your instructor will guide you as you improve your abilities with technical trainings to bring you to the next level of diving.
PADI ADVANCED OPEN WATER DIVER Certification
- You should already be a PADI Open Water diver (or equivalent with another organization)
- Answer all the questions on the PADI Medical Declaration form.